Saturday, July 19, 2008

Do not worry about tomorrow... no, serious!

Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

This is the passage I found myself reading over and over and over again. The day started out kind of testing my ability to not worry... I had a friend looking for a place for me to stay once I got into Dublin- with limited funding I really didn't want to spend more than necessary, but never heard back- and was reminded in Heathrow how foolish that was- you cant exactly tell passport control that God's got it covered.... So anyhow nice passport control dude pretty much convinced me I was doomed- and with that mindset I found myself reading that passage over and over as I waited to board my plane to Dublin and not panic. I ended up next to this little girl Maria, and her father- both Dublin residents. That little girl was so stinking mature- I was telling her about the orphanages and she honestly was thinking about how unfair that was- it's amazing when children grasp something most adults dont, anyhow- her father was telling me how necessary it was for me to get out of Dublin, and see the country- and also how I really should stay in a B&B instead of a hostel and so on- leading me to explain my slight predicament- in those oops I'm going to Dublin situation you dont exactly have cash falling out of your ears.... ANYWAYS eyeah- so Long story short, we met up again by baggage claim, and he told me to have fun in Ireland, and then he repeated that(I'm thinking okay- this man really wants me to leave...) Totally not catching that he had shoved a wad of Euros in my hand- I started crying right there- He told me that what I was doing in Romania was really important and that I needed to enjoy my time in Ireland- I didn't want to be rude and count the money so I waited until I was away to unfold what I assumed was probably like 90 Euros or something... Um I was quite wrong... there was definitely 8 bills in that wad... My life is excedingly bizarre- God kept telling me not to worry- and then he pretty much had to smack me over the head with that truth- he provided above and beyond what I even could imagine and I cant even begin to comprehend why he brought me to Ireland....

No comments:

Post a Comment