Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tennessee

Never underestimate the power of a loving King who delights in giving good gifts to His children... What a blessed... and occasionally spoiled child I am. For those of you who dont know, I'm now safely in Lenoir City Tennessee and it was quite an adventure getting here.

I arrived at the airport and while at the ticket counter, asked the agent if there was any way to get me in a window seat- he informed me the flight was full, but that he'd see what he could do... I figured it was a lost cause and prepared myself to deal with my middle of the row-back of plane seat. Once inside I decided to track down coffee to use up some of the lingering Q I had left, coming down the stairs after my latte I had to do a double take- of all the flights to end up on, the highschool girls who had been volunteering at the same orphanage as me wound up on the exact same one- so bizarre! We figured we'd most likely never see each other again, it was so encouraging to get to talk about what God had been doing in our lives over the week- and to actually have traveling buddies to hang out with! :o) As we were catching up all of a sudden they're calling me up to the counter... apparently my asking for a window seat warrented an upgrade to first class... my life makes me laugh sometimes :o)

We boarded the flight and for about 5 minutes I tried to act like it was no big deal to be in first class- and then I gave up and decided to allow myself to be amused from everything to the full dinner they served to the hot towels we got beforehand- so ridiculously favored sometimes, I had to laugh when I contemplated what the kids I had been talking to in line must have thought to see me sitting there... (rich dad I'm guessing they figured) And I realised how true that was... We are children of a King- and he blesses us far beyond what we even need.

The rest of the trip wasn't exactly smooth, storms caused us to be rerouted to Charleston, turning a three hour flight into a seven hour one. Then it took two hours for my guitar to make it from the check point to baggage claim- we left the airport at midnight for a flight that should've been in at 6:15... but now here I am, I have to laugh when Katie introduces me, the typical answer as to how long I'm here is "Indefinitely" and I guess we'll see- there's not really a reason why I have to rush back to Minnesota- its kind of strange to literally have no plans or direction... I'm in Tennessee right now- and that certainly wasn't part of my plan! I dont know what the future holds, but I do know who holds it.


No comments:

Post a Comment