Friday, July 2, 2010

Considering my calling...

Today a group from Susie Magazine(Formerly Brio) came to help with some projects (Painting the school house etc). First off, I was pretty excited that it was a Brio group- I had always wanted to go on their trips when I was growing up, it was also fun getting to talk with them a bit- if I can get a night off I'm hoping to go hear Susie Shellenburg speak- it'd be refreshing to hear a teaching in English!

In the midst of all the chaos of having 30-some extra hands on the grounds, I again found myself contemplating... what is my calling? The other night I wound up doing a bit of an impromtu devotional time with the two volunteers who came to spend a few weeks here, and will actually be doing devotionals and worship with them a few times a week, but then even with this group here I found myself interacting with them very comfortably- sharing my story as to why I'm here etc... It was funny because I started to realise I give off a bit of an "administrative vibe- people tend to ask me questions and expect me to have answers- I realised while standing there that I could very well see myself doing stuff like this all the time, working in a ministry such as an orphanage, where I work hands on with the kids, but also where I minister and work with the teams that come... I would be so "in my element."

And then there was Delmy... I dont know how that girl has such a place in my heart, but she does- I think we somehow connected on Sunday- now when she sees me she calls out to me, and always wants hugs, she trusts me... and she doesn't act like this with anyone.

Considering my calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment