Friday, June 11, 2010

Playing Mom 101

Today I got an introduction to the Centro de Salud (medical center) ,hopefully wont be spending too much time there! I took the boys on a nature hike (which here is actually pretty awesome, seeing as we're surrounded by hills, mountains and all sorts of gorgeous stuff) we came back, and Becky was feeling very sick, we wound up back out for a bit and were playing down on a hill by some peach trees when Marcos starts crying and saying his lip hurts- as far as he knew a branch hit it, so I was thinking it was a sliver of some sort and go up to get tweezers when I realise in that amount of time his lip swelled up. Went back in to grab ice and talk to Becky and Marcos, Roberto, and I wound up on an adventure to the Centro de Salud... Fortunately the allergic reaction stayed pretty localized, and they just got him some medication, but it definitely made for an interesting introduction to life here. We came back and Becky was feeling worse, so it was a bit of a crash course in caring for the boys- we all survived! (Minus the Bee incident) We both agreed it was an attack, seeing as she's starting one of the healing schools tomorrow... I was thinking about it on my way back up to my room though, and interesting how though it was an attack, it was like God had counter balanced it, seeing has this is only my second day in Guatemala... the timing just seemed ironic. Tomorrow it starts all over :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment