Monday, June 28, 2010

Ephphatha

To see the world through Jesus' eyes... how different we would be if this was the case, and how precious it is if He gives us a glimmer of it. On Sunday all the girls, their house mom, and I had been invited by Mirsa to her house for lunch following church. It's funny how when you're just expecting to have luch with a Guatemalan family the Lord can do so much more.

One of the girls is severly epileptic, to the point that most of the time she's stuck sitting in a chair for her safety, and literally has to have someone holding on to her all the time. Yesterday I was walking her over to her chair after helping her wash her hands and she refused to sit down- Donna and I weren't quite sure what was going on, but she took my hand and led me around the house- she just wanted to look around! The other girls had a soccer ball out and were kicking it around, and next thing I knew I spent an hour holding Delmy's hand so she could run around and play... and then I realized- this is being Jesus... that little girl, a frustrating as she can be at times, just wants to be seen- and loved... imagine if you were stuck in a chair all the time, watching everyone else around you live their lives. My heart broke for her.

Then I was struck with how genuinely the church this family was- here they were, welcoming these girls into their home- and it wasn't like a pity thing or a project... when they're there those girls are princesses... It was like Mirsa was having all her grandchildren for lunch. So legit...

So what would life be like if we really saw people and loved them the way Jesus does...

No comments:

Post a Comment