Friday, June 11, 2010

Guatemala

I've arrived and am settled! I attempted to write this last night, but about halfway through realised I was just too tired... It's been a busy couple of days, I spent more than 24 hours traveling, and up until traveling had been out of town for a wedding over the weekend and working around that- not a whole lot of sleep involved in that process! Travel went exceedingly well, I seriously was feeling like I had a lot of favor, I even wound up with extra leg room on every flight!

Wednesday I got settled into the boy's home, I wake up to crying every morning... and someone is always crying, and yet I'm happy- pretty sure that's the joy of knowing you're where you're supposed to be, at the right time, doing what you're supposed to be doing. While I'm here, a lot of my focus will be on the Dvorak boys, helping them with part of their school day, and watching them while their parents are teaching a healing school. While I'm not doing that, my mornings and evenings will be focused on the little boys, and the latest addition to the children's home Noemi Ruth :o) She's an absolutely precious 2 month old, who I'm already wishing I could take home... I'm sure there's enough space in my osprey! I've only gotten to see the girls that I worked with a little bit so far, but they were excited to see me back- right away they were asking for guitar, going to have to find time to bring that out for them soon! Juli got so excited to see me, for anyone who's seen pictures of my last time here, she's the one I had a crazy connection with, and also on the list of children I wish I could keep... she squeeled and ran up to give me the biggest hug!

Thursday morning was spent loving on the 7 little boys in the life home, and holding Noemi for probably an hour- then I went up to meet with Becky and talk over "business" followed by working on a mural with the boys and some time outside- I can already see how there will be some challenges- the boys are high energy, very creative, and have differing strengths. I think once I'm settled in and familiar with them it will be a lot easier, but I know there'll be challenges... time will tell I guess :o)

Today I woke up to the noise of crying again- and again I must be insane because I like it... held noemi for a bit until she fell asleep and have spent quite a bit of time with a boy named Jostin- pretty soon I'm heading up to the Dvorak's, we'll see what today holds :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment