Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Occasionally I step back, and look at my life- and I myself find it somewhat ridiculous... Here I sit in the Los Angelas airport, waiting for my overnight flight to Mexico city, where I will then get on my final of four flights and head to Guatemala. The fact that I booked such a complex travel arrangement, and nothing quirky has happened yet, is a God-thing in itself! (Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon!)

This is the brief, nutshell sumary of my excellent little adventure (I do like to find adventure- even on layovers :o)) I got off the plane and ran into a man who works for a company that does VIP greets for celebrities and such- I suppose at that point I looked rather ridiculous, since I had a 60L osprey pack, a small technical pack, the ovation, and a purse... but he asked if I needed help, I've done this enough that I'm over trying to figure it out one my own- he was directing me to the correct terminal, and then next thing I know, he bought me lunch :o) After free food from a VIP greet guy (Maybe this is a sign of things to come... or maybe I'm already famous in one of those truman show situations....) I went up to the ticket agent... my flight wasn't for twelve hours, and typically they have a pretty strict policy about not allowing early check in- I lobbied my case fairly convincingly though (or we can say it was favor again...) and they let me check my bags- with a slightly lighter load, I was off! I took a bus into Santa Monica, (the bus driver let me ride for free?) and managed to find my way to the ocean :o) I was pretty excited about that- it made for an amazing quiet time! Not only did I manage to wonder around Santa Monica all afternoon, but I'm successfully back at LAX, waiting for my next round of flights.... Tomorrow I'll be in Guatemala!

I'm still not sure how this is all going to work out financially- I pretty much dropped my life, wont have an income for the next two months, and may not have a job when I get back... I'm not entirely sure how I'm even covering this, and I still have the looming africa move in the future... and yet I'm not worried(at least not at the moment... it seams to come in spurts :o)) I know that it will all work out, and when all is said and done, I'll have some pretty crazy stories :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment