Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Its the small things with great love

Today had been a rough day- those of you who read my email updates know this has been a very challenging time in Guatemala... so much I've been processing... so much I've been learning, and just some trials I've been facing. It just keeps resounding- over and over, consider your calling. When I do that, when I ask- "What is my calling" I think, loving the unloved, seeing the unseen, caring for orphans, working with youth, worship.... and then I wonder, was what I had planned to do in Africa really going to be considering my calling. I love the boys- but- there's a huge but, my heart, my passion isn't for homeschooling them... its for loving on those orphans. New opportunities have come, and I've been praying over them- I can make plans in my heart- but ultimately His purpose will prevail. I know that in a matter of months I will be saying goodbye to all I know and love for this purpose, but now I'm not sure of where that is.... I'll go where you send me! Just tell me where that is!

In the midst of all this confusion- its funny how tiny little things can give you glimmers of hope- how getting a chance to minister to teenagers who've come to volunteer by doing devotionals can totally energize me (reminding me of my calling) and how someone can feel led to give a donation to sow into my ministry- and have no idea what a huge impact that had on my day. Thank you- I know you were doing a "small thing" and have no idea how significant that decision was... I was feeling discouraged and rather alone, seeing that was such a God-moment for me, it reminded me that there are people standing behind me, supporting and praying for me, it reminded me that God will provide, even when it seems impossible, it reminded me that I'm not alone. Thanks :o)

God IS good :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment