Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Why Leaving is Hard

Almost every day someone asks if I'm excited. I say yes.

I'm not always sure that's true.

Last night my friend Juli asked what I'd do if I had the opportunity to live in Africa long term... I'd do it.

Why this terrifies me? because I dont want to.

There are two sides to every story and I think often times people look at me and see an adventurous spirit... others have identified me as flighty... the surface is deceiving. There is a part of me that longs for consistency, stability... I look around and see people advancing in career paths, starting families. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want that. But I want to follow Christ more.

There is no way you can walk through something like this and expect things to stay the same. Even when I come back the world I return to will have changed... I will have changed. In a sense I feel like I never really know what I'm saying goodbye to when I leave.

And then there's the fact that if I felt called to stay, I'd stay- but I'd miss my friends, my family... my life.

Why do I do it then?

Obedience.

I want to be where God wants me- even if there's pain in the process

I've counted up the cost, and You are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment