Sunday, October 30, 2011

Moving Mountains...

"He said to them, 'Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, Move from here to there, and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.'" Matthew 17:20 The disciples were questioning Jesus as to why they weren't able to cast demons out of a boy: when Jesus rebuked it the child was healed INSTANTLY... Do we believe what we say we do? During my car ride home last night I was praying into the rapidly approaching season... Romania, Moldova... my future on the mission field. The aforementioned is the verse that was impressed upon my heart. People often ask me what's next- I continuously say that I want to focus on what's now... but for a moment lets dream again. If I could do absolutely anything for the rest of my life it would be to influence as many lives for Christ as I possibly can, there isn't a life I would find more gratifying than one spent passionately pursuing Gods will for my life, wherever that may lead me. Recently I've had this idea formulating to establish an orphan care network: uniting a lot of people and churches to do what they can to raise more children in Christ centered loving environments, my heart is a bit infatuated with children unlikely to ever be brought into this setting; whether it be due to age, disease, geographic location. The whole concept is a bit of a pipe dream at the moment... but maybe its a mountain that God wants to empower me to move. A mustard seed is an interesting concept, they start as something small and pretty insignificant yet have the capacity to sprout, bloom, and mature at a remarkable rate; even with this rapid growth they have a long lasting quality and are functional and useful year after year... every part of it can be utilized. Most interesting to me? They spread rapidly in areas where they are introduced. Does your faith look like this? I want a faith that grows like that... it may start small- insignificant, unable to invoke change in the world... but Lord willing it has the capacity to mature at an aggressive rate. Hopefully, it spreads like wildfire. With faith like that? Of course mountains can be moved, so perhaps its time I stop worrying so much. I serve a loving God- I think he can handle my mountains of fundraising, school debt, travel plans... We are called to a BOLD faith- why couldn't the disciples heal the demon possessed boy? Perhaps they weren't completely, recklessly convinced it was possible. Maybe just maybe their rational was getting in the way. How often to we pray... Lord if its your will? What would happen if we'd start boldly declaring the things promised to us as heirs to the kingdom? What mountains can be moved in your life? How can you completely and irrationally trust God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment