Monday, October 10, 2011

All I Want For Christmas?







Its perhaps really strange to be thinking about this at all... except I'm realizing I want nothing more than to spend it with kids like these... Lately I've been seriously contemplating making it to Romania to help in orphanages over the holidays- and everyone around me notices the same thing they've always noticed when I talk about things like this, I am ridiculously full of joy. My heart... is to love the least of these- there are days where I literally hurt to be in overseas, taking care of orphans... ones who, without people stepping in, would never experience a tangible form of love on earth... makes it pretty hard to contemplate a loving God dont you think? I keep trying to reconfigure my dreams- make it more realistic... convince myself it's okay to just stay here...so many things stand in the way right now, and then I find myself miserable. Perhaps I'm wired to dream. I know I'm not big enough to make an impact on my own- but I know my God is :o) A long term assignment hasn't come about just yet- in the mean time I'm going to keep moving forward- closer to where I feel called- knowing He'll get me where He wants me. What does this mean for the moment? Praying for God to make a way for me to go to Romania. Even though it would just be for a few weeks it would be a chance to love like crazy while I'm there- and who knows, it may give me a glimmer of the bigger picture God's piecing together :o)

1 comment: