Monday, July 30, 2012

My Favorites

I've realized lately that my heart is inclined to love people in interesting circumstances. Saturday was the anniversary of the pentecostal movement in Moldova and to celebrate they had a crusade. The pastor of Basillica Emanuel had asked that as we go on house visits we invite people and try to take ownership over certain individuals that attend(tricky considering the language barrier!) Prior to church on wednesday I sat outside playing my guitar and singing and a woman that we've all been informed is one of the town drunks came over and sat by me- lately her and her daughter have sort of found a place in my heart and as I played she kept urging me to continue. I just wish she could understand the words so they could speak into her heart. Nonetheless she seems to have taken a liking to me, "cheering me on" whenever I run by, walking up and taking my hand... saturday she attached herself to me and wanted to stick with me the whole time- what baffles me about this is we have no way to communicate, and then I started to notice the way others interact with her. We are so quick to write people off... and often they're more perceptive to it when we realize- the same thing happened with a guy who came and spoke with the team last night- our translators were apprehensive to have a conversation with him but Tommy persisted. People long to be seen, they long to be valued, they long to be loved. Never write off anyone- there is no limit to the ability Christ has to transform a person- regardless of how lowly they may seem to us. When we take the time to see and acknowledge them as having value and worth and sometimes this message is clearer than any words we could speak. Live out love- you may just change a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment