Thursday, July 12, 2012

Learning to Act in Faith

Tuesday we went out to do house visits, on our walk around the town I saw a man in a wheel chair and told the group that I wish I had the kind of faith to just go up and lay hands on people... trusting that God would move- I said that and one of the guys was like, "Well lets talk to him then" as we learned his story my heart broke- he'd gone to help with clean up in Chernobyl and today cant walk and his health is failing. Initially he was apprehensive to let us pray, but the more we listened the more he opened up and actually was alright with us laying hands on him. I wish this is where I could tell you some crazy story where he got up and started walking around, but what did happen definitely left an imprint on my heart, when I put one hand on his shoulder he grabbed the other and held on the way a person does who's desperate for hope- a person who likely hasn't felt loved in a long time... a person who's lost their dignity. After we prayed I asked our translator if I could tell him something simple... all I said was that I wanted him to know that Jesus loves him, and it doesn't matter where he's been or what he's done- he wants to restore him and by the end of it we were both in tears. And that's the truth... Jesus loves some broken people and so should we... the most incredible ministries never happen because people set out to be great, set out to heal, set out to inspire.... it happens because they set out to love and the overflow of Christ's love for them has the power to break EVERY chain.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe we don't need to be concerned with the healing that the world sees but that which only God sees and the person feels......

    ReplyDelete