Monday, July 30, 2012

Break Every Chain

There's a man who sits outside of the apartment complex we stay at... he doesn't speak and hardly interacts with us. I'm not really sure if he has some kind of spectrum disorder or what- but from day one I've really wanted to see him "unlocked." Sunday I got back from church but the rest of the group wasn't there yet so we couldn't get in. In true Joy fashion I opted to play the Jesus Hippy card and pulled my guitar out- he smiled. I shared this small interaction with Tommy our team leader and so a few nights ago when we decided to have a worship night outside we intentionally stayed in front of the building... sure enough he stayed to listen- music seems to break down the walls words cant. Then yesterday as I was leaving with my guitar I held out my hand and spoke to him and he made eye contact and verbally responded... it wasn't really intelligible- but it was a glimmer of hope. Moments like this are such a reminder that their is power through Jesus to break down every chain.

Keep praying for us as our team works to restore the vision of Sinai 30 and build bridges in the community

No comments:

Post a Comment