Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ROMANIA!!!

I'm finding myself struggling to even know where to begin- perhaps its that I'm at a place where I'm taking so much in that I've yet to process it myself in order to accurately convey my thoughts? Either way I figure I better at least attempt this!!

I arrived in Bucharest yesterday, and as the staff here warned us, we would barely remember the day. I do remember the feeling of... realief? as the plane was taking off. There's something about being where you're supposed to be, doing what you're supposed to be doing. Its my heart. I met up with my grandparents for a bit before the flight Monday afternoon, and as my grandpa said "See you in a month" grandma piped in, "You honestly think she'll be back in a month?" I gave her a funny look, but she followed with "I just know you and where your heart is..." My heart. Funny how far away I can find myself from that. When I first moved back to Minnesota I was yet again attempting to establish roots, convincing myself staying put was a good option- problem is, its not me. I guess you could say I dont want to just live in the world around me- I want to change it. My heart is for the orphans, the forgotten, and abandoned of the world and I guess it has been for a long time. I would give anything to spend the rest of my life working as an overseas missionary focused on orphan care...Now its just figuring out the long term when and where. So, we'll see. I know He's up to something- so much about how everything came about makes that painstakingly clear. Just waiting to hear His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment