Friday, December 30, 2011

I wanna be your hands...

Today there seemed to be a bit of a theme with the kids... my hands- every time the kids would pile into my lap the wound up with their fingers intertwined with mine... What would Jesus' hands look like? Where would you find them...

As I'm finding myself increasingly captivated by the kids here I'm constantly humbled by their capacity to love. It takes but a moment for them to demonstrate more love through their actions than most adults do in weeks- at one of the orphanages we were visiting today I noticed a child walking around giving each of the other kids a bite of the candy bar he'd just won by beating them in a game... selfless love... Want to see Jesus? Look to the "least of these"...

One of the highlights of this trip has been the opportunity to spend more time with the Romanian staff here- the women who we've been staying with have been unbelievably welcoming- genuine servants hearts... I'm constantly humbled and encouraged by them. Its really been a blessing to hear more of their stories and hearts... something I'll definitely miss. Yet another opportunity to see Jesus.

Towards the end of the night I was talking to Sanda in the kitchen and somehow or another Sandel, one of the boys wound up bringing out Mariana's guitar for me to play, next thing you know Sanda and I are singing worship songs together. Sometimes she sang in Romanian while I sang in English... but we were singing the same song and worshiping the same God... When you're part of the same family language barriers come down pretty fast- by the end of the night the other three girls and Mariana had joined us... what was planned to be an early to bed night got a bit late- but God had something better in store. :o)

What would Jesus' Hands look like...

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is absolutely beautiful. It seems that God is not only using you, he's using them to bring you joy (lol) and to continue to shape your view of the world!

    ReplyDelete