Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps...

I love how I never know what my day will look like- the people God will place in my path, the way everything intertwines and all the pieces snap together... I feel so blessed when I have encounters with other people and God uses pieces of my past in ways I wouldn't have imagined. Everything is part of the plan, but often times we have to tell ourselves that. I started off my day over lunch/coffee with my grandparents, I love it when I get to spend quality time with the people I love- one on one, investing in one another (though in their case it's often more investing in me, as I really have little to offer or teach them :)) Anyhow, it was another one of those ironic days, where I talked about something with them, and then had an experience following that relating to what we discussed. We got onto the subject of allowing yourself to be open to the people who God places in your path, my grandma sharing about a neighbor that she's been able to minister to during a difficult time, only for me to later have my own strange- literally in my path moment. It's one of those wonderful rainy days, which calls to be spent curled up with a cup of tea and a good book, certainly not a cold smoothie! This translates into, work was slow, and I was close to going overtime anyhow, so I got off early. Rather than rush right home I headed down the street to Tea Garden, a business that has become one of my favorite places to relax and have quiet time. Anyhow, I met one of the girls who works there on the bus several months back, and we clicked right away on the account of our tattoos (our God is a creative one!) Anyhow, we've discussed having a lunch date long ago, however busy schedules have yet to allow for it- she's been a blessing to me time and time again as she's often inclined to discount or comp my tea :)- yet I've never been able to invest real time in her. That's where the above verse from Psalms seems relevant today, as I said, I planned to get together with her and develop our friendship, but today on my way to tea garden we ran into one another on the side walk and next thing I know I'm sharing my whole faith story. I wish I could share some elaborate wonderful thing that followed, or some awesome way that God used me, but that was it, I couldn't help but think how bizarre it was though, that here I was, encountering someone literally in my path, and opening up to them in a way I'd never plan- only the Lord knows how the pieces all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment