Thursday, November 3, 2011

Going Forward in Faith...

Sitting in Caribou before work I was blessed with yet another, random encounter. I've been getting those a lot lately- Last night at work I had a guest speak to the manager- mostly about how great my service was (what a blessing to get that undeserved encouragement from time to time) but he also told him "That girl is called to something much greater in life" huh... Weirds me out that a complete stranger can say they see something "different" in me... same thing happened today while I was getting in some Jesus time before work, spoke with a complete stranger, he added me on facebook, left a prayer on my wall, and handed me a donation towards my ministry... wow God. What's particularly funny about this? On my way to work I'd been praying for little bits of encouragement- that I would start to see God move and work in the area of finances in ways that would surprise me, I know He's got this under control but its hard not to worry... So, way to go God! Hoping I'll become increasingly less in the way so God can move through me! With that... something I've been thinking about lately, hearing Gods voice, how often do we wait for the pieces to come together, using that as a determining factor on what the Lords will is... if He wants me here, He'll give me the money first, the house, the better job... whatever it may be- its as if we sit and wait for something to entice us into following Gods will... Yet we look at Abraham- when He received his call "The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father's family, and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you. So Abram departed as the lord had instructed, and Lot went with him. Abram was 75 years old when he left Haran." Genesis 12:1-4 The Lord told Abram to go... he didn't lay out a ten year plan, didn't even tell him where he'd be going... Abram got very little detail besides the fact that the lord wanted him to go, leaving everything he knew and loved- and that out of this irrational obedience, would come blessing... It doesn't say that Abram thought about it for a minute- made arrangements, etc etc... just that Abram departed as the Lord instructed This. Boggles. My. Mind. At this point Abram was well established, he was probably quite content... but God said "Go" so he went. Plain and simple... Listening to God... Am I willing to do it, regardless of the cost?

No comments:

Post a Comment