Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dear Blog, I've missed you....

I'm not entirely sure how a week away from my blog becomes a month... but before you know it it's mid November and your last entry was posted at the end of July. This is what we call falling off the face of the planet. Looking back on my old blog, I do have a tendency of ending it right in the middle of things- I'm fairly certain I posted an entry in which I was homeless in Menomonie Wisconsin, never to return to blog-follower's perspectives until I left for Guatemala... in all actuality within that time I interned at a church, led worship for cru, auditioned for a band, moved to Missouri, visited Guatemala, and moved back to Minnesota- can we say I have a slight tendency of leaving gaps?

Now to catch you up to current life- I am in fact, no longer living on Katie and Jon's couch- in fact I moved out a few months ago into a cute little condo where I currently reside with my crazy pup Lyric. I'm pretty much living at Brixx Pizza, bartending there five nights a week, recently I visited Minnesota for a few days- one of those things that was good, but left me more frustrated upon return. One of my best friends is going through a pretty ridiculous life change- had I known about this prior to signing a lease I probably wouldn't have... but now my heart hurts wanting to walk through it with her- Pretty much everyone who knows about the situation thinks it's acceptable to just plan to be there for set dates- but I've been trying to pray about God's heart in the situation... and thinking of where Jesus would be in it. Is it completely unreasonable to contemplate laying aside my current goals/dreams to minister to someone right in front of me? I think it may be... I talked over things with a couple of the ladies from my Minnesota bible study... and it's something I need to keep praying about- time will tell at this point I suppose.

For any of you avid facebook stalkers out there- yes, I was in a relationship, and no, I'm not anymore. Nothing was wrong with it, he's an incredible guy with an amazing heart... I just realised I was trying to make something I wanted happen in a way that made sense to me, rather than waiting on God's timing and His will. Letting go again... funny how many times I have to relearn to do that.

So where am I now? Where's my heart... my heart wants to be somewhere doing something!! I find myself often wandering to travel sights and dreaming of adventures to be had- but for now- this is where I am. Welcome to the waiting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment